Welcome to Texas Prader-Willi Association
The Texas Prader-Willi Association (TXPWA) was founded in 2009. Small parent groups from around Texas got together to form an association to address the myriad needs of families coping with a child with Prader -Willi Syndrome (PWS). The original board members were successful in obtaining a 501c3 non-profit charitable organization status. This monumental accomplishment enabled us to achieve much of our mission. TXPWA is funded by the events we host, charitable donations and membership dues. We welcome you to join us.
Save the Date:
Stay Up To Date, Sign Up for Our Newsletters
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for all those affected by Prader-Willi Syndrome through education, support and advocacy.
A full, safe and productive life for all affected by Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS).
- Provide education, insight and spread awareness to all that are impacted by Prader -Willi Syndrome by addressing the needs through available resources.
- Advocating best practice standards of care for those who are living with Prader-Willi Syndrome.
- To inspire and encourage research into this unique and multifarious syndrome.
- To develop satellite support groups throughout the state of Texas.
- Provide an annual Prader-Willi specific camp for ages 8 and older.
How Can You Help Us?
We are better together, so team with us to help spread awareness and reach our goals for our Prader-Willi Syndrome communities. We need your experiences and partnership.
We are sensitive of everyone’s time. We understand that life happens to all of us, and our time can be very limited. Please share your time, treasure or talent by joining one of our committees. We respectfully ask of you to stay connected to the committee in some fashion to provide your thoughts, expertise and ideas. If you are interested in joining our family, please send an email to email@example.com
- Support Groups
“Remember, You are your Child’s Best Advocate!”